Monday, July 13, 2009

Bachelorette Party!

So Friday was the Bachelorette Party... we had a FABULOUS time!! It was lots of fun. And I am pretty proud of myself for getting pictures up so soon...what with 2 other parties and 2 rooms worth of painting that also went down this weekend!!

Here I am with my pre-party girls. :) Jess, Ash and I got downtown at about 3:00pm and begun the festivities (i.e. the drinking...)
Photobucket

The members of the wedding party that came (from left to right: Mom, Jess, me, Ash, Shelley, Caitlin). Check out our ADORABLE shirts! If you can't read them, they say "Mother of the Bride", "Bride", "Maid of Honor", "Bridesmaid". CUTE!! Jess & Ash are just so clever, aren't they?!
Photobucket

And here I am opening my slightly *embarassing* gifts...in front of the ENTIRE BAR. Yes, people were watching...and clapping...
Photobucket

Note my cousin Caitlin's face in the background...PRICELESS.
Photobucket

She wasn't the only one who was embarrassed...
Photobucket

Me with Brandy (left) and Carmen (right), who were troopers and came out drinking with us after dinner!
Photobucket

Let the fun begin...
Photobucket

And then my camera battery died. Again. Seems to be a recurring theme for me these days... But that's probably a good thing. At least I don't have evidence of the craziness that went down as the evening went on... (Although I'm pretty sure Ash does...)

So as I mentioned, we had a fabulous time!! Jess, Ash and I started off at John's big DECK (that's an E not an I ;) for some apps and drinks. We were only 2 shots and 1 beer down by the time we got to Gordon Biersch for dinner (not bad, eh?) which is where everyone else met us. We turned dinner into quite a long event, I think we were at the restaurant for something like 3 hours?? And I officially stopped counting beers and shots at that point...
After everyone left dinner, it was Ash, Jess, Brandy, Carmen and me left to take on the night. We hung out at P&L the rest of the night, enjoyed a free concert (Eve6) and a LOT of beer. :D It was a blast!!

Thank you to my fantastic family and friends for throwing me a wonderful (and mostly appropriate) Bachelorette Party!!!

P.S. I uploaded more pictures to our FLICKR site in case you are interested :)

Countdown update:

Bachelorette party - CHECK!

Only 2 more days of work until my 2 WEEK VACATION starts (including today) YEAH!

2 days until the wedding festivities begin

5 days until our WEDDING!

7 days until we're headed to the beach for some fun in the sun...

In other news: I hope to have one more update post this week...that's assuming I finish my DIY projects in time to show them off. :) But after that...it's all she wrote!! The next time I post, I will be showing off our WEDDING PICTURES!! AHHHHHHH where did the time go???

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness i'm so excited for you!! five more days!! aagh!!

    ReplyDelete