Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am now the queen of DIY

The title of this post says it all. Now that I'm really down to the wire (and I mean really. Like I can reach out and touch it I'm so close...) I have had to kick it in high gear to finish up my DIY projects.

First up, I finished my card box! Woo hoo! Took me long enough...
Photobucket

Photobucket

and this is where the cards go...
Photobucket
(like you couldn't have figured that out)

You may be asking yourself "why in the HECK did it take her so long to make such a plain looking box?!" Well let me tell you why. Because I am a procrastinator. Plain and simple. All I did was buy a $4 cardboard box from Hobby Lobby, spray paint it brown, and add some stickers. In total, it probably cost me $15 (including the spray paint). Not bad, eh? I just for some reason put this project off over and over. I'd do a coat of spray paint, do the next coat 2 weeks later. I had Matt cut the hole in the top for me, and then started the whole spray paint process over again. And just yesterday I finally got my butt to the craft store to find some stickers. I think it turned out pretty nice...especially for under $20!!


Next up are the (blasted) programs. This is another money saving DIY adventure I took on. And again, I have procrastinated. Now that we're 4 DAYS AWAY (holy cow) I can't really procrastinate much more. Matt and I stayed up until 11:30 or so last night working on these bad boys (isn't he a trooper!?) and we'll probably be up late finishing them tonight. But we did get a whopping 25 of them completely finished last night, so I'll let the cat out of the bag and post pics early. I doubt I'll have much time for blogging after tonight, so thought I'd get one final post in to relish in all of my accomplishments. :D

Photobucket
look at all those beautifully tied bows...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

so...what do you think?? Please tell me how amazingly gorgeous and perfect you think they are. :) These puppies have been a lot of work. Yes, I saved about $100 by doing them myself, but I've been working on them for a good 3 weeks or so now. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, though (finally).

So there you have it...my last 2 big projects...(almost) in the bag. Next up - start packing for the honeymoon!!

I'm going to guess this will be my last blog post as an un-married chica...woah. The next time I post, I should have hundreds of wedding pictures to share! It's been fun chronicalling my adventures in planning this shin-dig, and I can't wait to come back and read this in 10 years and laugh at how crazy I was (am). If you're coming to the wedding...hooray! See you there! If you aren't...thanks for reading all my babbeling :)

I'll leave you with a lovely quote...that just so happens to appear on the back of our programs...
Photobucket

Adios! For now...

1 comment:

  1. you did a great job on this! you should totally offer to do this as a wedding gift in the future for your bride to be friends! very creative and well done!

    ReplyDelete