Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cake Inspiration

So we've been going to cake tastings lately (2 last week, and scheduling a few more after the holidays), which has forced me to decide what I want our cake to look like. Matt obviously doesn't really care, as long as it tastes good he'll be happy. :) I've played around with quite a few ideas, and I honestly couldn't tell you what the cake will actually turn out like, but this is my current inspiration:

I LOVE the idea of a brown cake. I don't know how I never thought of it before, but I think it fits in perfectly with our wedding. And can't you just picture beautiful coral colored gerbera daisies cascading down the side? Oh I can. The only thing I would do differently from the cake pictured is to add some sort of topper...I'm thinking a nice sparkly "G"... We'll see about that.
We just have to find the cake baker that we love. We've met with 2, both were very nice and had very yummy cakes, but neither one stood out to us. So far, with every vendor I've just known when we met the right one. And Matt has always thought the same thing. But we're still undecided after meeting 2 cake people, so I'm thinking that means we need to keep looking. I was hoping to check this item off the list before the holidays, but I'm not thinking that is going to happen...

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Looks yummy and modern.. good choice!!

    ReplyDelete