Monday, December 1, 2008

Engagement Pics are on the wall!!

We had our Engagement photos taken by the amazing Josh Solar back in September. (click here to see my post about how awesome they were...) We went for an ordering session a few weeks later, and after looking at each picture a few hundred times I decided on 5, which we ordered with plans to mat and frame to hang in the living room. Well the pictures came in a couple months ago, but it took us a while to actually go get the frames (partially because I knew how expensive they were going to be, and was waiting for birthday gift cards to Hobby Lobby... :) We got them ordered a couple weeks ago (which let me tell you was another tough decision...who knew there were 100 different colors of mat board to choose from???) and went to pick them up this weekend. Yesterday, Matt got them all hung up, and they look GREAT! Even though I had a layout in mind when we ordered them, I still spent a good hour trying to decide how I wanted them on the wall. I had paper cut-outs that were the size of the frames and everything...testing the different ideas out on the wall. Well go figure, we ended up using the exact layout that I started with, so I did all that work for nothing. :) Oh well, they still look awesome!! And now for some pics...

I'll start with the zoomed out view, so you can get the "full effect" of how it looks in the living room.
A little closer...

And finally...a couple of close up shots.

I also received my free photo book from Snapfish in the mail today...I used every single one of our e-pics (yep, all 66 of them) in the album. I was originally going to print a 4x6 of each one and put them in a photo album, kind of like a proof album, but when I found out Snapfish was offering a free photo book deal, I figured I'd do that instead! It turned out pretty nice...especially since it was FREE (ok, not totally free, I still had to pay for the shipping, but close enough!)

Click here to see a preview.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love your sense of style! Good job.. it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete