Thursday, May 14, 2009

FINALLY

I FINALLY ordered the invitations yesterday. FINALLY. I have seriously been working on these since February, maybe even earlier. Holy cow. Who takes that long to design invites?!? One indecisive bride named Brooke, that's who. But it's done, they're ordered, and I couldn't be happier. Well, ok, I could - if they were all stuffed and addressed and in the mail I might be a tad happier. Still, I'm thrilled that this process is almost done. I really thought the invites would be the easiest thing for me. I was just going to pop in to Party City (where I used to work, and was the self-proclaimed wedding invitation specialist :D ), pick some out of a book and call it a day! Well then I decided I could just do them myself for much cheaper. BAD IDEA. Not bad, just time consuming. So here I am, 5 months later, just placing the order. And don't tell anyone, but I really didn't save THAT much. Not as much as I had imagined anyway. But I do have a super uniquie and modern design that I LOVE, so I guess that makes it all worth it. :) Well, I'll give you a tiny sneak peek, but of course I'm not ruining the surprise and posting a picture - just one little piece. That's all you get!! And technically this piece isn't even on the invitation, but it's the only little part I felt like showing you. So there. :P

My goal is to get these puppies all addressed, stuffed, stamped, and ready to go next week so that they can go in the mailbox the week of Memorial day. We'll see how that goes. :) But if all goes as planned you can expect one of these bad boys in your mailbox in about 2 1/2 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment