Seriously. Could I be any more of an idiot?! (Do not answer that question.)
So I get home from work yesterday, and see my lovely box from VistaPrint, which I know contains my invitations. Woo hoo! I'm pumped, I go straight to the kitchen for a knife so I can crack that box open! I open them, and at first I'm thoroughly pleased. They look great! Actually better than I anticipated. As I'm getting one of each item (there's the actual invite, the RSVP post card, and a map card) so I can put together a little mock up, I discover problem #1: the rsvp and map card do not fit inside the envelope that came with the invitation. DUH. I never even THOUGHT about the fact that the 2 cards were almost an inch wider than the invite. ARGH. So I get over that - I can always order different envelopes. Then of course we read over each item carefully to ensure that our names are spelled right and what not, and what do I find?! A TYPO. Get out of town. As many times as I read over these stupid things, I can't believe I never saw it. If you know me, you know that I am OCD, and I cannot HANDLE a typo. It's only one letter in one word on the map card, but I just can't deal with it. Sooooooo I re-ordered the map cards withOUT the typo. Basically I spent all of the money I originally saved, in having to re-order everything. Awesome. Not to mention the ridiculous amount I spent on shipping charges because I rushed EVERYTHING. GAH.
So the panic attack has subsided, but I'm beginning to wonder if I will EVER get these stupid things sent out...
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you poor thing!!! That has to be irritating!!!
ReplyDeletenow THAT'S a legitimate fear (and nightmare) to have. maybe i'll send everything in pictures so there can't possibly be any way to misspell things...perhaps??
ReplyDelete