Monday, June 29, 2009

DIY Programs...& more from the bridal shower!

Well here we are, less than 3 weeks to go!! HOLY MOLY! I'm doing well, though, not too stressed out (yet)... ;)

This weekend was another productive one! (I don't have much of a choice with only 3 weeks to go...I have to be extra productive these days!!) On Friday, Mom and I had a meeting at Evergreen Events with the coordinator, Julie, to go over final details and choose our table linens. It was all set up for another wedding this week, and it was kind of surreal walking around in there imagining it set up for OUR wedding! But the place is just gorgeous, and every time I go there I'm reminded of that. So we decided on the ivory table linens with chocolate brown napkins. I think it will look FABULOUS with all the coral in my centerpeices. We also put together our game plan for the ceremony music, and talked about lots of other small details (most of which I've already forgotten about...good thing Julie wrote everything down! :)


On Saturday, the family and I made our 10 millionth trip to craft store central. :) We started at JoAnn's, where I had an entire list of things to get, and then went to Hobby Lobby as well since I didn't quite find everything we needed at the first stop. My uber-crafty Aunt Terri and I had our wheels turning with ideas for my DIY card box (I will post pictures soon, it's not quite done yet!) and the programs. My original plan for the programs was to design them and have them printed at Kinko's or Office Max, but after getting my first quote of over $160 for 50 of them, I changed that plan. It is now my current DIY project. :) I found ivory paper at Office Depot, and will just print them at home. While at Hobby Lobby we found brown cardstock for 50% off (so $0.15 per sheet!) So I snatched up the 25 sheets there, and then we teamed up to hit the other Hobby Lobbys in town and got the rest! I got another 50 at the Olathe store, and Aunt Terri found 30 more at her store in Merriam. We also found a great paper puncher (not sure the technical name...) to use for the cover, and some awesome "love" quotes stamps. So now I just need some ribbon, and then to put them all together (that's going to be the hard part!!) All in all it's going to cost us about $60....much better than the original quote! So here is a picture of my first attempt at putting one together (sorry, fuzzy cell phone picture)

What do you think?? I love them. I need to get a smaller width of ribbon to use so the bow looks better, and I'm also on the hunt for a 2-hole punch. I think they're going to end up looking really cute though, and so much cheaper than paying a printing company!!

So that's where I'm at...still a lot of little things on the to-do list, but nothing huge. Like I said, I'm still not feeling too stressed, more excited than anything!! I really want to finish up all of these last projects so I can move on to getting ready for the honeymoon!!!!!

I'll leave you with a few more pictures from the Bridal Shower. These are some my mom took, and she uploaded to our FLICKR site... (ahem...anyone else who took pictures feel free to upload!!)

A better view of the table set up...wasn't it just ADORABLE?! And yes, those are Aunt Terri's 2 cutie pie doggies in that framed picture on the wall :) (check out this post on my photo blog to see them in real life...)

And this was our little ladies man...Bryce. He is my friend Brandy's son. What a cutie, huh!?Jess (my lovely Maid of Honor and best friend since pre-school :) and IMe & my beautiful bridesmaids!! From left to right: Caitlin, Jess, Me, Ash, Shelley. That's 4 out of 6, Elaine and Jessie live out of town so couldn't make it (but we know you were there in spirit girls! :)Like I said before, my bridal shower was absolutely perfect. I wish I could do it all over again!! A huge thank you to my family for putting it all together for me, and to all the ladies who came!!

Well, 3 weeks to go...keep your fingers crossed that this one is super-productive! I'll try to update this week, but no promises because we're headed to the lake on Thursday (WOO HOO) and then it's the 4th of July (which means the wedding is 2 weeks away!!!!!!!) But I'll catch up when I can :)

P.S. This is your last reminder for RSVPs. Our final count is due this weekend, so if you want to come, and haven't sent your RSVP back...DO IT!!! Otherwise there will be no food or alcohol for you :P

No comments:

Post a Comment