As of Saturday, we were offically 6 weeks out. HOLY COW. As I say every week, I really need to get my butt in gear!! Well, I did just that this weekend, and finished up most of the DIY projects I had started, and then started a couple more. (Go figure)
I finished the 2nd flower girl basket, so those are officially done now. Here's a picture of them both-
I also finished the basket which will hold the programs. Matt is awesome, because he just walked by and gave me the greatest idea for decorating it!
See the flower? Yeah that was all him. I couldn't figure out where to put it, and all he had to do was walk by and say "well what if you put it here?" and I said PERFECT! So I told him he had to help with all my DIY projects from now on. He's just thrilled... :)
I also got a basket for the Koozies we will be giving out at the rehearsal. I have yet to order them, but Mom and I were discussing it on Friday so when I was at Hobby Lobby and saw 50% off baskets, I had to take advantage. We have decided on our Koozies (I think), so I hope to order those this week.
Also while at Hobby Lobby, I found the perfect box to use for our card box! That's actually the whole reason I made the stop...even though I almost left without it, hehe got a little distracted. I had found some really cool ideas for making your own card box out of picture frames, but wanted to see if there was an easier solution before diving into yet another huge DIY project. So I found a box that was the perfect size, spray painted it brown, and viola! Just need Matt to help me cut the hole in the top, and it's done! Much easier than the photo frame idea, but still cute! I also found a huge "G" a few weeks ago (I think at JoAnn's...one of the million craft stores I frequent...) which I also spray painted brown on Friday. I have no idea what I will do with it, but it's really cool!
In this pic you can see the card box and "G". And yes, I know the G is backwards, but it was drying, cut me some slack.
In this pic you can see the card box and "G". And yes, I know the G is backwards, but it was drying, cut me some slack.
So as you can see, I had a fun-filled DIY spray painting weekend. By the way, spray paint is my new best friend. That stuff is awesome!! I have turned so many previously boring things into Chocolate Brown Beauties!! :)
This week Matt and I have to nail down all of our song choices so we can send our "worksheet" in to the DJ, and finish up the programs. I've been putting this off FOREVER, so wish us luck!! Like Matt said, Looks like we'll be having a date night with the iPod...

WOW.. you got alot accomplished!! I love the baskets... good job!! :)
ReplyDelete