Caitlin & Shelley both did a great job helping us set up. :) Shelley and I made the punch...it started out a little lumpy but luckily it ended up being really good!
This was the table set up...how cute was it!
And the fantastic cupcake tree...Handmade "G" toppers by Aunt Terri. :) I'm pretty sure this idea was Martha Stewart inspired...
Caitlin enjoyed some R&R while waiting for everyone to show up. If you look on the table you'll see the adorable favors.
Aunt Terri & I
Aunt Rhonda & IMom & I
We only played 2 games (I'm not a fan of cheesy shower games for the most part...) they were really fun! One was using this board, the guests had to guess how old I am in each picture. The winner was Cassady, one of my bridesmaid's little sister, with 4 out of 8 correct!The other game consisted of each guest asking me a question that had previously been asked to Matt, and I had to guess his answers. I was less than stellar at this one, but it was still fun. :) And the prizes were scratch-off tickets.
I jokingly told everyone that all the winning tickets had to be given back to me :) but they all went for it! So I got like $10 in winners. (Where's that big $1,000 winner when you need it?!)
Like I mentioned, I got a ridiculous amount of gifts. I am so thankful to my friends and family...they spoiled me!! I couldn't possibly list everything I got with a picture (you would get bored..) but here are a couple highlights-
Matt's mom gave me a basket to "stock the pantry" with. What a great idea! It was full of all sorts of good stuff from spices to noodles to soups- all the essentials. I am ready to cook now! (something other than mac & cheese that is...)
I got the entire set of everyday dishes we picked out!! I can't WAIT to bust out those puppies. They aren't very exciting, but so much better than what we have, and nice and neutral. :)
The gifts I was most excited about came from my mom (not that I wasn't excited about all the gifts...they are fantastic!!!! I was red in the face and sweating by the time I got through them all...it was so much fun!). The reason I'm so excited is because they will get used at the wedding!
She got us our cake serveware set and toasting flutes that match our china pattern!!
Close up of the cake server...
Just can't hide my excitement over the toasting flute! :)
That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the gifts I got. My kitchen is seriously stocked now...I have it all!! I sure wish I had a big 'ol brand new kitchen to put it all in...but ya can't have it all, can you?! :) Once we get back from our honeymoon, I will be doing a COMPLETE overhaul on my kitchen. All the old, hand-me-down, mix-match kitchen stuff is coming out, and I'm stocking up with all of my new fancy stuff. :)
Oh, and also of note - Matt's bachelor party was on Saturday as well! He of course took one whole picture, and it was of the golf course...go figure. But the guys had a busy fun filled day - golfing followed by dinner at Jack Stack, and then a short break before hitting the boats and the bars. It sounded to me like they had a great time! (But what would I know...) :)
So here we are, just a few more events and then it's the big day!! I can't believe we're less than a month away now...yikes! I'm getting really excited! I really need to finish up all these details so that I can enjoy the anticipation...rather than stress about it. :)

Aww... that looks like a great shower Brooke!! You look so pretty, and glowing!! I'm glad you got some good stuff!! :)
ReplyDeletethese bridal shower games sound like fun! i am really crossing my fingers that we don't play the 'lets create a wedding dress out of toilet paper' game...the eco-friendly in me asks 'what are we going to do with all that tp afterwards? use it?!'. but, as the blushing bride, i'll smile through it and find the fun in it no matter what!!
ReplyDeletei'm glad you had a fun shower. i have my first on august 29th!!