Yep, that's right, I FINALLY got the invitations in the mail. You have NO idea how big of a relief that is. No, really, you have NO idea. I have to extend mucho gratitude to my best friend (since pre-school), and MOH Jess. She was my saving grace when it came to these... she ROCKS at calligraphy!! I also must extend some props to Ash, one of my awesome bridesmaids, who was essential in stuffing and stamping. :) We had a great time, and most importantly, the invites are DONE!!! WOO HOO!!!
As you probably know from my other "freak out" posts, there were several issues with these. All of which were my fault, of course. Who doesn't think about the size of the cards going into the envelope, and whether or not they will fit? Me. Who doesn't proofread the card to check for typos after the last revision? Me. Who doesn't wait until they KNOW it is correct before ordering replacements? Me. So 2 extra sets of map cards and an extra set of envelopes later, here we are. At least VistaPrint has a rush-shipping option, and lots of 50% off coupon codes floating around... :)
I think most people have gotten theirs in the mail by now (I dropped them off at the post office on Friday), at least those who read this have (I'm hoping!) so I'm going to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and give a preview.
Here is the front of all 3 items...

And here is the back of the 2 cards...
please excuse the random splotches on the pictures...I attempted to cover
our last names, but Photobucket got a little crazy on me...
I love them!!!! It took a lot of work to get them to this final stage, but we did it! I have to thank my designer as well (Realie: Bridezilla411, aka Ashley) for all of her patience and wonderful talent! You wouldn't believe where we started with this design! But it all came out perfectly and I couldn't be happier.
It's a bit surreal, now, thinking that this whole shebang is actually happening!! EEK! Less than 2 months out now.... holy cow!! But this is the last "big" thing checked off the list (how many times have I said that now?! ;) so on to the details. This Friday I plan to have a "DIY day" and work on the bazillion projects that I have started but never got around to finishing. So wish me luck!


YAY!! We got ours yesterday & they are soooo pretty!! You guys did a good job on addressing them as well ;) 44 days, 15 hours, 35 min. & 20 seconds until you are MRS. Brooke German!!
ReplyDeletethey look great! you did an excellent job on them! we are getting ready to send out our save the dates so i'm really excited about hearing peoples reactions to those.
ReplyDelete