Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to "square" one

Remember when I mentioned that I had square vases and votive holders on the way?? Well. The votive holders came in last week. I was super excited - until I opened the package. Note to self: READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEMS YOU ORDER OFF THE INTERNET. They were tiny. Teeny tiny. And the website said perfectly clear that they were 2" squares. Ok my candles are 2 inches...that doesn't leave room for ANYTHING else. DUH. So luckily the website has a generous return policy :) Those are being returned...and after playing with my centerpieces some more (see DIY post) I decided to nix the square votive holders and do round instead. I know, I know, how indecisive can I be...

So today, I ordered THESE:

This time, I measured my votive candles first, and actually read the size listed on the website :) So hopefully these will work. Since we're making our own candles, we have a bit of leeway on the height, just not the width - and I made CERTAIN that the width would work. (I say that now...) So the OCD girl is doing it - ROUND votive holders with SQUARE vases :O can you believe it?! But I think it's going to look really good!


I also ordered 12 of these:
which I will use for the candles going down the aisle. (see DIY post for picture of that) It's hard to tell from the picture but it's just a cylindrical vase, very simple. And much cheaper online than in most stores!! Both items came from save-on-crafts.



So, hopefully both of these items will work out and I won't be returning anything else...but no guarantees there.



Also - I received the square vases yesterday. I haven't even opened the package yet (it was a busy and stressful evening last night...). I will have to take a picture of it before I do, though...it is the funniest looking package you've ever seen! It's a giant bubble! Please keep your fingers crossed for me that what's inside the bubble will work for my centerpieces... I'd hate to try to wrap that package up to send back... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment