Saturday, March 28, 2009

DIY Garter

Ok, so I can't really call this a "DIY" project, as I personally did not do it. But my awesome Aunt Terri did, so it's still home made. In my last post I mentioned that I got 2 garters at JoAnn's last weekend, only $3 each. Well, I gave one over to Aunt Terri, and she made it FABULOUS! I was *this close* to ordering one online a while back, and it would have cost me $15. And it was nowhere near as cute as this one!!

Here is the "before". This is the plain one, how they both came, and will be used for my "toss" garter.


Pretty cute for $3, but of course the one to keep needed to be spiced up a little, and my wedding colors needed to find their way in! So a little brown lace and some coral ribbon, and voila!



She even added the little charm that says "Love" on it. HOW CUTE IS THAT?!
And here are a couple pictures of the 2 together. Just imagine them on my leg...actually don't... :)


Ah, it's so wonderful to have crafty people in my family... My next DIY project (that really is DIY because I will be the one doing it ;) is the flower girl baskets. Unfortunately it's snowing outside right now, so not exactly the best conditions for spray painting. Hopefully the weather will be better next weekend and I can get going on those. I am also expecting a package in the mail very soon with my napkins inside!! I can't wait to see them!! Of course I'll post pics when they come. I also hope to book our honeymoon SOME DAY and once that's done I'll post an update as well. So stay tuned!

P.S. I'm getting ready to update my Photography blog...go check it out! (click here)

1 comment:

  1. the garter is adorable! while we're not partaking in the tradition of garter or bouquet tossing, my friend loves making homemade garters from scratch and is going to make us one fun one to keep to ourselves ;)

    can't wait to see the invites...now i'm headed over to your photo blog!

    ReplyDelete