Well I couldn’t think of a clever title for this post, so I decided to just get straight to the point. Yes, I’m a little delayed in posting this, but as of last Sunday we are officially registered! We decided to register at Bed Bath & Beyond. I originally debated on registering somewhere else as well, but I think our 19 pages worth of stuff should cover it. :)
Another thing we debated was whether or not to register for china. It’s kind of a tradition to get a set of china for a wedding gift, but we weren’t sure if we’d ever use it. As of right now, in this tiny house, we couldn’t entertain if we wanted to. A nice big family dinner deserving of fine china just won’t be happening here. On the other hand, when in our lives will we ever want to shell out the cash for china? We do plan to have a family of our own some day, and a bigger home to go along with it, so those big family dinners very well could be in our future. SO, in the end we decided to go ahead and register for china. No, we may not have a use for it right now, but in the future we definitely will. If nothing else, I have an excuse to buy a china cabinet to display it. :) I had seen a set at BB&B previously that I really liked, and believe it or not (without any encouragement from me) Matt actually picked that same set as his favorite! I was shocked. Especially because to me it’s a little “girly”. But hey, I’m not complaining, it was an easy decision! The pattern we picked is called “Belle Boulevard” by Kate Spade. Who knew Kate Spade designed china?? It was news to me. Anyway, here is a picture I took in the store of the place setting the awesome bridal consultant lady put together for us (it also includes the glasses and silverware we picked out):
And here’s a picture from BB&B’s website of the china:
So…what do you think??
I love the design so much that I went ahead and registered for the toasting flutes and cake serveware hoping that I get it for a shower gift (hint hint) so we can use them at the wedding. I also am hoping to use that flower (the website calls it a bow…I don’t quite see that) design on my invitations. I know, a little obsessive. But you know me…I like to keep things matching. :)
OH! And if you're interested in seeing all of the awesome stuff we picked out, you can view our registry online here. Or you can go to our website (link over there ---->) and click on the "Registry" tab.

I LOVE the china pattern!! So stylish, and yet timeless. I'm totally off to stalk your registry now.
ReplyDeletethe china pattern is beautiful! you're a better woman than me for buying china...i just can't bring myself to do it. then again, this is mine and my HTB's second marriage so we have about four sets of diningware ALONE...to have an extra set of china is just tooo much for us!!
ReplyDeletejenifriend