On Saturday, Matt, Mom and I went down to Mia's (which is where we tried on our lovely BM dresses) and picked out tuxes! YAY!! Their tuxes come through Jim's FormalWear, but either way this experience was WAY better than Men's Warehouse. Like 100% better. First of all, I had a FEMALE to help me figure out what the heck I wanted (not being sexist here, but honestly...can some dude really understand the complexities of an indecisive bride who has OCD issues?? It's just not physically possible.) I wish I remembered her name, because she was awesome. She gave us great suggestions, and made our decision so easy.
So...the big question...what the heck did we pick???
drumroll please...
We chose tan tuxes (yes, they are technically tuxes, although they are also technically suits...don't ask...) with a chocolate brown vest and tie. Matt will wear the same thing, but with an ivory vest and tie instead.
I'm going to post pictures, but you will have to work with me here. I cannot for the life of me find a picture of the dang thing all put together...so we will be using our imaginations today, ok? Great. Here we go...
This is the tux itself, the tan part. Ignore the fact that the guy in the picture is only wearing a tie. Also ignore the fact that this couple is so disgustingly beautiful, and that they are walking along the beach. We will not be doing so (obviously...).

This one will give you an idea of what the vest and tie will look like. Ignore the black tux, as you know ours will be tan. Also ignore the fact that the tie and vest don't appear to match - I promise that the ones we picked match. Quite well. And the brown matches the BM dresses pretty close as well. You know I was sitting there comparing fabric swatches before making any decisions...

So anyway, using your imagination (sorry I don't have photoshop otherwise I could put this all together for you), picture the tan tux (I know it looks like a suit but it makes me feel better to call it a tux...just go with it...) with the brown vest and tie, and Matt's happy a$$ modeling it. There you have it! I don't have enough time to do all that over again for the ivory...you'll just have to use your imagination some more. :)
I know that I have gone against *almost* every one's advice in choosing tan, but I really don't care. (Not that I don't value your opinion, just that my OCD issues overpowers anything :) Matt liked the tan, I like the tan, Mom likes the tan... that's enough for me! So what if we aren't having an outdoor, destination or afternoon wedding... too bad! I just couldn't handle the thought of black tuxes with brown vests, ties and dresses. I know people have done it, and I know it looked just fine and dandy, but for our wedding - not happenin. Ok, enough justifying my decision. After all, it is MY day, so what I say goes! Right?! :)
PS if you happen to be a wife or significant other of one of the men in our wedding party, kindly drag their butt into Mia's whenever it is convenient and get them measured. Matt is *supposed* to call all of the guys to tell them, but, well, you know how that goes. Email me and we can talk $$. Smooches!

I think I was one of the few on your side with this one and I'm glad you stuck to your guns! :)
ReplyDeletehello futureMrsG! I am a fellow knottie on the Kansas City board on theknot.com and wanted to extend my hello on your blog. it appears we are of similar personalities: ocd complex out the wazoo, agreed in that mia's is WAY better than men's warehouse, and can't possibly coordinate black and brown for wedding day attire. :) I am excited to see what else you post about, and hope you swing by my blog as well to say hello! take care!!
ReplyDeletejenifriend