Friday, November 7, 2008

8/16/08: THE dress!

On August 16th (The day after Mom's birthday...) I gathered ALL the troops and went to Bridal Extraordinaire for round 2 of dress shopping. I didn't expect to buy a dress that day, but what can I say...I found the one. And let me tell you, it. is. gorgeous. I love it!!! Since there's a good chance Matt will be looking at this blog at one time or another, I'm not posting pictures of the dress (duh, he can't see it until the wedding!) but if you want to see a slideshow of pictures you can click here.

The dress is by Saison Blanche, and here's a description of it from their website:

Exquisite beauty unfolds in this richly embroidered bodice with Swravski crystal accent. Encircling satin band around a full A-line skirt completes the look with long chapel train. Available in DUCHESS SATIN: IVORY or WHITE.

I ordered it in Ivory (I think) but it looks white to me. :) It is supposed to come in sometime in mid-November, and I cannot wait! I have been anxiously waiting the day I get to put it on again :)

P.S. Bridal Extraordinaire was a DELIGHTFUL place to go dress shopping. I've never felt more like a princess in my life! I had my whole family (mom, aunts, cousins) and all of my in-town bridesmaids with me, and we got our own room complete with lovely couches and my own personal consultant! I got to stand on the platform in front of a huge mirror while everyone "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed at me...it was GREAT! :)

2 comments:

  1. Is this slideshow dress "THE" dress? I don't remember seeing it before. Anyway, L.O.V.E. it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that's THE ONE. I posted pics back when I got it, but with the number of pics of dresses we see on RB it's easy to forget one. :) Glad you like it. It should be coming in like next week, I can't wait to put it on again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete