We went to the park after work that day to walk our dog, Daisy. It is the park I love to go to, because it has great scenery, and there is a big lake to walk around. We stopped at a bench to sit and 'rest' (I have to admit, I was a little confused as to why we needed to rest!) and right as I was about to get up, he told me that he had been working on something for a long time, and wanted to ask me something. Then he got down on one knee and asked if I would be his wife, and of course I said yes!! It all happened so fast and I was so excited that I didn't even cry, I just couldn't stop smiling. Later I found out that he had made a special trip to my dad's work earlier in the day to ask his permission to propose. My dad actually managed to keep the secret from my mom, so after the park I went home and took a shower (I couldn't believe he proposed with me looking all gross! My hair was pulled back, I was sweating...yuck...) and headed to my parents' house to surprise my mom. In retrospect, I wish I would have had a video camera rolling to capture the look on my mom's face, it was PRICELESS! The rest of the evening was spent calling family and friends, and telling the story over and over (luckily it's not a long one).
It was the most special Monday I've ever had!!!!

Here we are right after it happened...ok, not right after it happened, but right after I showered and changed. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment