Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DIY Centerpieces...attempt #1

Last week Sarah and I went to Old Time Pottery (which, by the way, is the COOLEST STORE EVER!) The plan was to find some cool vases and such for centerpiece inspiration. I did buy 1 vase...and a whole bunch of Christmas stuff...oops.

Then last weekend, while shopping with my family on Saturday, I picked up a few more DIY supplies - coffee beans, ribbon, a cute square votive holder, and the closest thing I could find to a coral colored candle. I had some silk Gerbers at home (yes, I'm obsessed with them...they're everywhere...) so I threw some of those in as well.

Here's my final product....what do ya think???




You'll have to ignore the fact that the large vase isn't entirely full of coffee beans...I didn't quite have enough. You'll also have to ignore the multi colored gerbers, and pink candle...these will all end up being coral. :)
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out... I just need to find some more multi-sized vases. I'm thinking big and square. And I need to find a place where I can find lots of coffee beans really cheap.
The DIY adventures continue...


4 comments:

  1. Umm, adorable! I love the ribbon band! I also really like the square votive holder. It's be awesome if you could find some vases to match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bart! I am digging the squares as well... hopefully I can find big square vases that won't break the bank :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!!.. you are crafty!! :)

    ReplyDelete